my year 2012
was thinking to write a more elaborate post… about my 2012. even started a new word document, wrote an introduction etc., but just looked for it and apparently i didn’t save it… well, then i guess i should keep it simple, not elaborate. never wrote, especially public, this kind of “annual reports”, but let me see how this goes, for a change.
for me 2012 was (writing as it comes to my mind…and probably will insert several pictures and links):
1. divided between Switzerland and Moldova
2. beginning an orthodontic treatment, mid January 2012, first I wore an apparatus, then got braces.
3. becoming a Romanian citizen (a process that was started many years ago, but this year, just one month ago, the process was finalized)
4. i was home for the 2011-2012 winter holidays, but mid January I returned to Switzerland, through Nice and the rest of Cote D’Azur. a wonderful long weekend, with around 20 degrees while it was cold and snowy everywhere else.
5. organizing a trip for my brother, almost 2 weeks in Switzerland and one in Portugal. together we did quite many cool things in Zurich, but also been inside a Glacier (Mount Titlis), took several boats (on Lake Zurich and Lake Luzern), took the Bernina Express train, visited Thun, Bern, Luzern, Rhine Falls, Basel, Rapperswil… and some other stuff that i can’t remember now. i was really happy seeing my brother enjoying a lot this trip.
6. the trip to Portugal (March 2012) was something well ahead planned, by a very best friend and me. and another very best friend joined in, coming all the way from the US… and we haven’t seen each other for almost 2 years. so we were a group of 6, coming from Moldova, Switzerland and the US, meeting in Portugal for one week, very intense, but also relaxing, seen so many great places, from North to South.
here is us the 3 friends, on Praia da Rocha.
and with my brother
7. then i also visited Berlin, a thing that i really wanted to do for a long time.
it was the beginning of June, but still pretty cold
9. then i returned home from Switzerland through Italy… stayed there for 10 days with a very good friend from my studies in Italy. During this trip I also spent 2 wonderful days in Milano and seen RHCP live, i went to the sea (Genova, Camogli, Portofino), revisited the city where I’ve studied&lived for 2 years - Bologna.
10. i’ve been to many great concerts and gigs, from classical music to huge bands to unknown electronic stuff. Zurich open air was pretty cool. also met, although for a very short time, Brandon Boyd (and the entire Incubus band) :))
10a. admiring so much great art!
11. this year began with… “i should start applying for jobs”. i did so, quite a lot for my measures, no success yet, but keeping it positive, the most suitable job will soon come.
12. i took my time to rediscover my city - Chisinau
13. i have spent good time with my family and met with lots of relatives, some of them i haven’t seen for a while. also been a bit to the Moldovan countryside.
14. this year was about a lot of thinking rethinking again thinking rethinking, haven’t figured it out yet, but i hope it will not take too long :))
15. 2012 brought the development of some friendships, some people that i met in 2011 became very good friends in 2012 :) and although they are in Switzerland and I’m not… i hope 2013 will bring new meetings.
16. and there were so many little and big things that brought me joy, like sunsets, interesting discussions, long walks etc.
17. but also many things (mostly my own thoughts) that made me sad…
18. by living alone, i understood that i don’t want to live alone
p.s.: open list. no conclusion yet. i might add stuff later :)
conclusion: i guess i needed to do a sum-up of this type, on a more positive note, to convince myself that it was a good year, that life in general is beautiful and i have to learn to be more grateful… cause unfortunately there were too many moments during this year when i thought that everything is worthless… but at some point i started to work on my attitude, mind set etc. and i think i’m on the right path.